A true nature admirer is always in quest of places that brings serenity and tranquility, Ranikhet is one of them. Ranikhet is a hill station in the Almora district of Uttarakhand. Ranikhet is famous for breathtaking views of the Himalayas (especially Nanda Devi Peak), famous temples, lush meadows, and apple gardens. The meaning of Ranikhet (a Hindi word) is Queen’s Meadows.
About 350 km from Delhi, a trip to Ranikhet is a good idea if you are planning for a perfect weekend trip in Summer. You will be amazed to know that Nainital to Ranikhet distance is just 58 km, so you can also explore Nainital tourist places during your Ranikhet tour. A day or two is enough to explore the tourist places in Ranikhet, nature’s blessing.
Did You Know? Ranikhet has one of the best hill golf courses in India.
Places to Visit in Ranikhet — An Affair with Green
Known for its natural beauty and mesmerizing meadows, you will fall in love with Ranikhet, an all-season tourist destination. There are a few famous places to visit in Ranikhet that should be experienced by a real explorer. Here are the 5 Ranikhet tourist places for an unforgettable trip-
- Jhula Devi Temple- Dedicated to Goddess Durga, Jhula Devi Temple is one of the best Ranikhet attractions. The temple dates back to the 8th century. It features countless bells tied by the devotees to pay obeisance to the deity. Jhula Devi Temple is a must-visit spot for spiritual souls.
- Bhalu Dam- A soothing place for picnicking and camping, Bhalu Dam near Ranikhet is a British-Era artificial reservoir constructed in 1903 to satisfy the thirst of soldiers. The place is also popular for fishing, but avoid it if you love aquatic life. You will love the serenity of the place.
- Chaubatia Gardens- Do you love the favorite fruit of Isaac Newton?, if yes, then you must visit Chaubatia Garden or simply Apple Garden. One of the best things to do in Ranikhet, you can eat and buy fresh apples from the orchard itself, which is beautifully organized for the visitors.
- Ranikhet Golf Course- About 5 km from Ranikhet city, the Ranikhet Golf course is a place to enjoy golfing and potting the ball with your pals amid the Himalayan range. A 9-holes golf ground is one of the highest golf grounds in Asia that offers memberships for tourists and outsiders.
- Ashiyana Park- If you are traveling to Ranikhet with your family, then Ashiyana Park is for your kids. The well-maintained Ashiyana Park features colorful fountains, gardens, and artificial wild animals. Ashiyana Park entry fee is nominal and can be visited between 10 am to 5 pm.
How to Reach Ranikhet?
The nearest railway station to Ranikhet is Kathgodam railway station, about 75 km from Ranikhet. The nearest airport to Ranikhet is Pantnagar airport (110 km away). The cheapest and best way to reach Ranikhet is by traveling on a train to Kathgodam rail station and then booking a Kathgodam to Ranikhet taxi from the taxi stand.
Travel Tip: You can also plan your trip by booking a Ranikhet Tour Package including taxi and hotel from a leading Uttarakhand Tour Operator Tour Stay Travel .