The emerald blue-green lake of Khurpatal is cradled in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand. It is encircled by the lofty pine and old cedar trees offering a gorgeous vista of the mountains.
Khurpatal, being tucked away at an astonishing height of 1,635 meters above sea level, this beautiful piece of nature is just 12 km away from Nainital and can be easily approachable.
Why Visit Khurpatal Instead of Nainital?
- One of the best scenic locations in Nainital with peaceful environement.
- Khurpatal was British officer’s most preferred vacation site and also has an old gun foundry nearby.
- Only 10kms from Nainital and once can easily reach from Khurpatal to Nainital in 15mins.
- The height of Khurpatal is 5600 feet from sea level which provides moderate temperature even during summers.
- Best for leisure holiday away from the overcrowded Nainital during peak season.
Activities in Khurpatal:
There are plenty of sightseeing and places of interest in and around Khurpatal. Tourists can visit nearby places like Nainital, Bhimtal, Kilbury, Pangot, Ranikhet and Mukteshwar to name a few. One can also visit the popular high-altitude zoo at nainital along with other places of Interest. Naini Devi Temple is another famous temple which is visited by large number of devotees to seek blessings.
Fishing: Khurpatal is famous among tourists not only for its pristine beauty but also for being a favourite destination for fishing and angling. It is called angler’s paradise as it has a good harvest of fishes.
Boating: Tourists can also do a boating on the Khurpatal along with their family and friends. Boating is one of the most popular activities that tourists partake at Khurpatal.
Nature Walk: Surrounded by lush greenery, Khurpatal makes an excellent choice to hit some nature trails that take one through the pine and oak forests where one can come close to nature.
Khurpatal Travel tips:
- Khurpatal is situated only 10kms (15min drive) from Nainital and can be visited as an excursion from Nainital.
- One of the greatest things about Khurpatal is that it can be visited at any time of the year.
- During the peak season when Nainital gets too crowded, one can stay at Khurpatal as an alternative destinations as it is more peaceful and calm.