Located at the base of the Shivalik range in Dehradun, Malsi Deer Park, also known as Malsi Zoo, is a zoological garden. Heaven for nature lovers, the beauty of the place is highlighted by the rich flora and fauna. The park is a great point to unwind and break away from the busy life of the city. It is a small zoological park with a picturesque location and vibrant wildlife, making it an amazing place for photographers. The park is blessed with natural and serene surroundings, perfect for sightseeing or a picnic.
Malsi Deer Park is a perfect picnic spot in Dehradun for a getaway from your busy life to experience the Himalayan picnic experience. There are refreshments and food items too available in the park along with swings and slides for the kids to enjoy. One can sit there and admire the natural beauty around along with watching a variety of birds flying around in the sky. One can also admire the leopard lazing around under the sun and the deer munching on fresh grass with the owls perched upon the high branches of the trees. You can relax while your kids are out there enjoying themselves in the kid’s area while you capture the natural beauty around on your camera or hog on all the tasty dishes being served in the canteen.
Though it can be visited throughout the year, the ideal time to visit Malsi Deer Park is from April to July when the weather is pleasant in the hills. Summers and monsoon season are both very soothing and attract most people to the hill town.
The park is situated on the Mussoorie Road between Dehradun and Mussoorie. It is situated at a distance of 10 km from Dehradun and can be reached via a bus or an auto rickshaw within 25 to 30 minutes.
1. The tourists are advised to wear comfortable shoes and clothes since the park is spread over a large area and needs to be explored on foot.
2. Carry water bottles and packaged food to keep yourself hydrated and well-fed.
3. Pets are not allowed inside the park.
4. Do not let kids cross the fences into the animal region and hold their hand.
5. To protect yourself from the heat stroke, carry a cap, and sunglasses.
6. Store your belonging in the lockers and keep them safe if not allowed inside the park.