The Tibetan market of Nainital, also called as Bhotia market, is a go-to place for shoppers. Located close to the city center, it is one of the most popular street markets in town. There is a wide variety of winter wear, and the delectable Tibetan food.
Thupka and Momos are the delicacies you should look forward to. The Bhotia market offers an extensive variety of shawls, sweaters, mufflers, bags and other souvenirs. The vendors price the item highly, so brush up on your bargaining skills before you visit the place in order to get the best price.
Things to buy at Bhotia Market
- Himalayan bags are one thing that you must buy from the Bhotia market.
- Fine woolen scarves and shrugs
- Handcrafted candles, potpourri and home fragrances
- Artificial jewelry, key chains and books
- Tibetan ethnic wear
- Kumaon woolens handcrafted by women from Almora and other native places
- Bamboo fabric is one unconventional thing you will find here
- Pine wood crafts