Are you seeking for a pilagrimage tour which is not just for spiritual awakening but also intresting ? we hope you’d know about Chardham yatra could’ve be one of the best option in terms of helping your spiritual awakening , in the sense of taking you along the four holy places of hindu pilgrimage , from yamunotri to gangotri to kedarnath and lastly badrinath . but even during your spiritual journey , we’d love to let you know that you can enjoy and learn a lot more about your india during this trip along with gaining spiritual peace.
Here’s top 10 places you must visit during chardham yatra by road :
- Surya kund : This is a hot spring situated just near the yamunotri temple . this is a yet another holy place and The temperature of Surya Kund is estimated to be around 88°C. Amongst the show covered mountain peak , this place is supposed to give relief for those travelling and passing by , people come to refresh here and taste freshly prepared Prasad ( holy food) boiled in the hot spring. You can walk/trek for 1 hour to reach the destination .
- Saptrishi kund : To witness the magnificent Saptrishi lake , you have to take a challenging trek , why you ask ? well , because this is considered one of the most difficult trek , located at the elevation of 4421 mts. This glacial lake is half kilo meter long, surrounded by rocky glaciers and is fed by Champasar glacier. But all the hardwork is worth it when you see the fascinating view long stretched alpine meadows and majestic Bandarpoonch peak. Named after the 7 sages , the saptrishi lake is the main source of river Yamuna and gets millions of devotees visiting the place.
- Jalmanga shivling (hidden gem) : The submerged shivling is present in the kalp kedar temple . the only temple you can view at the top besides other temple being below the river surface . the temple is situated near ganga in dharali . it is an excavated temple that’s why you can see the shivling submerged under water , and we’re not even kidding when we say that no one will take you to this hidden temple , until you specifically ask them to with the deets . legend says , the temple dates back from mahabharat era .
- Harsil : Also known as the mini Switzerland of india , located near the baghirathi river , it’s a fabulous place covered with show mountains . you can camp out for a night or just give it a short visit during your road trip , depends on you . it is an unspoiled jewel of uttrakhand with an elevation of 2620 mts . if you’re a nature lover , this place is a must visit for you .
- Ukhimanth : In between the road trip from rudraprayag to kedarnath , there lies a small town called ukhimanth .with the elevation of 1311 mts , the town consists many holy temples and shrines . the temple of usha and aniruddha , lord shiva and parvati are worth visiting . by road , you can easily reach ukhimanth which is at a distance of 13kms from rudraprayag .
- Chopta : If you are in a mood of avid trekking and nature sightseeing , chopta isn’t a place to be missed out . it provides an amples amount of peaceful aura with an untouched beauty . camp out and relax at your convenience. The pristine mountains gives the opportunity of snow boarding also . witness the green meadows in the month of june and show topped mountains in the month of feburary . if you’re at chopta , do give a visit to tungnath temple , which is the third temple of panch kedar which lies 3.5 kilometers away.
- Bheem pul : When you enroute to badrinath , that is your last station of char dham yatra . Stop at bheem pul , which is a major tourist attraction of badrinath shrine . it is located in mana village , 3kms away from badrinath . we’d advice you to have a stay at the village and give time to these attractions which are totally worth it . the place is famous for its mythological significance from mahabharat . it is an easy walk of 350 mts from mana village .
- Saraswati river(hidden gem) : After your last visit to the badrinath temple shrine , just take a 1km drive from the temple , witnessing this hidden gem is must . not much of the tourist are aware of the ruins of this river . the river beholds untouched natural beauty and is also claimed as lost river or Gupt Gamini by some historians .
- Auli hill station : Covered with plush greenery , and amidst peace , auli hill station is a wonderful place for trekking , skiing , snowboarding and cable car rides . this place is specially not to be missed during summer and spring season . Located at the average height of 2800 mts , the hill station is also situated in the confluence of river mandakini and alaknanda . Give your pilgrimage journey a spectacular ending by relaxing at this hill station on your way to home.
- Valley of flowers : It is located in chamoli district if gharwal village and is a must visit . if you’re finding a best instagrammable place in uttrakhand , this place is a must visit . it is not much far from the auli hill station if you’ve stayed there . cherish the mesmerizing view of some rare flowers and soothe yourself in their aroma . this place can also be one of your most exotic picnic park. This national park is also known as one of the largest biosphere reserve in india . take some time of enjoy the floral environment and learn about the new rare flowers .
Till now , we hope that we’re able to provide some of the best places to visit along with your wonderful holy and spiritual journey of char dham yatra . Do not forget to share this blog if you found it helpful and for any doubts or queries do contact us. Have a wonderful journey .