The state of Uttarakhand is known for hill stations, adventure activities, national parks, temples, and Pahadi life. Out of those famous hill stations, Lansdowne hill station is a lesser-known Uttarakhand destination nestled in the Pauri Garhwal district. Lansdowne is famous for its natural settlement featuring oak trees and blue pine forests.
Lansdowne is a good option to travel from nearby cities like Delhi, Haridwar, and Dehradun. You will be amazed to know that Delhi to Lansdowne distance is just 275 km, that’s why people from the NCR area pack their bags to hill stations like Lansdowne for a weekend trip. Unlike other hill stations of Uttarakhand, Lansdowne is less crowded, thus, holding the charm.
Places to Visit in Lansdowne
Every hill station has some unique and interesting places to explore, so is Lansdowne. Tourist places in Lansdowne are few, but you will surely have a good time explore these during your Uttarakhand tour.
These are the top places to visit in Lansdowne you must go-
- Bhulla Tal: Bhulla Tal is an artificial lake in Lansdowne where you can plan a family picnic or can spend your leisure time amid the natural beauty. Boating is one of the activities in Lansdowne you can do here with your family. Bhulla Lake Boating Charges are ₹50 per person.
- St. Mary’s Church: Built-in 1895, St. Mary’s Church is an ancient catholic church popular among visitors. You can indulge the audio-video representation of Lansdowne history and Garhwal regiment every morning at 8:00 am. St. Mary’s Church Entry Fee is just ₹10 per person.
- Darwan Singh Museum: An interesting Indian military museum, Darwan Singh Museum is one of the important things to do in Lansdowne. Located near the Parade ground, the Garwali Museum features historic weaponry of Garhwal rifles, animal skins, and rare furnishings.
- Kaleshwar Mahadev Temple: Kaleshwar temple is a Hindu temple which is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple is well-known for meditative practices by many sages. If you are seeking peace, then you must visit Kaleshwar Mahadev Temple and can practice meditation & silence.
- Tip N Top Point: If you want to experience breathtaking views from the hilltop, then you must pay a visit to Tip N Top viewpoint which is just 1.5 km from the city of Lansdowne. Located at 1,700 meters, Tip N Top point is one of the best places to visit in Lansdowne among nature lovers.
Planning Lansdowne Trip
Lansdowne is well connected by road. The nearest railway station to Lansdowne is Kotdwar Railway Station which is 40 km away. The nearest airport to Lansdowne is Dehradun Airport (Jolly Grant Airport) which is 143 km far.
You can start your Lansdowne tour from cities like Haridwar, Delhi, and Dehradun city/airport. If you want to book Lansdowne Tour Package, then you can get in touch with a professional travel company Tour Stay Travel in Uttarakhand. The best time to visit Lansdowne is from March to November. The Winter season is quite chilly to travel. If you are arriving at Lansdowne by bus, then you must book a Lansdowne taxi for the best local sightseeing experience and cover the popular places easily.