Last updated on 30th October 2020
Welcome to Tour Stay Travel privacy notice.
Tour Stay Travel respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit and use our websites (tourstaytravel.com and our related websites) (“Website”) or our Tour Stay Travel branded app (“App”) and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below. Please also use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
- Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Tour Stay Travel collects and processes your personal data through your use of our Website or App, including any data you may provide through our Website or App when you sign up to our newsletter or set-up a user account.
The Website and App are not intended for children (i.e. individuals aged 18 or under) and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices we give and is not intended to override them.
The Tour Stay Travel is the controller and responsible for your personal data (referred to as Tour Stay Travel, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
We will let you know which entity will be the controller for your data when you purchase a product or service with us. Tour Stay Travel is the controller and responsible for the Website and App.
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise Your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Tour Stay Travel
Email address: [email protected].
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
The Website and App may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites or apps and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Website or App, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website or app you visit.
- The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (i.e. anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together below.
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, age and gender, your photograph (where you sign-up to an account with us and choose to include your picture on your account).
- Contact Data includes email address and telephone numbers
- Technical Data includes mobile device ID (when using our App), internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type (for website use), time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology related information about the devices you use to access the Website or App. If you use our Website or App from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location based on your phone settings. We will ask you to opt-in before we use GPS to identify your precise location
- Profile Data includes your username and password, your location, feedback and survey responses. When you log in with us via Facebook, we will receive (unless you change your settings within Facebook), your public profile information (i.e. your name and profile picture), your birth date, a list of your friends which also use the App and your current city listed in your Timeline
- Usage Data includes information about how you use the Website or App (including your content viewing habits), products and services.
- Marketing includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website or App feature or content. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
- How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- contact us regarding products or services we offer on our Website or App;
- create an account on our Website or App;
- subscribe to our newsletter;
- opt-in to receiving marketing emails from us;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- analytics providers such as Google, Facebook and Salesforce DMP to collect standard internet log information and details of Website visitors’ behavior patterns.
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.