Gangotri Trek Overview
Total Trekking Distance: 47 km (approx.)
Maximum Altitude: 4,400m
Temperature Range: May to June: 11 to 23-degree; October to December: 3 to 19-degree
About the Destination:
Gangotri trek is located at an elevation of 3159 meters and marks the convergence of the Kedar ravine and the Bhagirathi River. The area is naturally diverse with lush green grasslands that are amongst the best in the country. The Gangotri Glacier which is the source of the River Ganga is one of the largest in the Himalayan region. The Gangotri Glacier Trek goes through lush green meadows, glaciers and rivulets. The Tapovan area is the base camp for several trekking expeditions and features beautiful meadows with flowers, rivulets and streams, snow-capped mountains and valleys. These flowering meadows are the best high altitude meadows you can find in the Himalayan region.
About Gangotri Trek:
The Gangotri glacier is one of the primary sources of holy river Ganges and there are many mythological stories associated with the origin and descent of the Ganges.
This tour explores various such points starting from the sacred city of Rishikesh, which is also known as the “Gateway to the Himalayas”. After reaching Uttarkashi which is the base for many trekking expeditions, you reach Gangotri. The Gangotri trek starts from here which will take you through Bhojbasa as you walk alongside River Bhagirathi.
Get close to the mountains when you cross the Gangotri glacier and reach Tapovan known for its scenic landscape. The mighty Bhagirathi group of peaks and Neelkanth Peak are a spectacular view from here. The entire Gangotri trek is through pine forest and flowering valleys.
Gangotri is also one of the destinations of the ‘Chota Char Dham’ pilgrimage tour. Apart from religious belief, if you are an ardent nature lover, then this trip will give you a mix of both spiritual fulfilment and instant gratification of your finer senses. As a part of daily hygiene protocol, proper care of hygiene and sanitation is maintained all through to ensure the utmost care and personal safety of the guests.
- High-quality camps and tents
- All Meals Included
- Pick up from the airport/railway station
- All meals
- Group medical kit
- Good quality accommodation
- Trek pack including sleeping bag, down or fibre filled jacket, and insulated mat
- Private transportation
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
Things To Carry
- Valid ID proof for each member
- Personal toiletries and medication (if any)
- Warm shirt/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T-shirt, water-resistant trekking pants, windproof/water-resistant jacket, thick fleece/full-sleeve woollen sweater, thermal innerwear, woollen cap, inner fleece gloves, outer waterproof gloves, thick woollen socks and regular socks, scarf/muffler
- Comfortable waterproof trekking/hiking shoes with a thick sole, camp shoes
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Sturdy walking stick/trekking pole
- Water bottles, backpack, energy bars/snacks, etc.
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Sunscreen lotion
- Cap or hat
- Flashlight (with spare batteries)