Kedarkantha Trek Overview
- Kedarkantha Trek in Uttarakhand is one of the most beautiful treks which take you to the land of some of the best views which you will cherish for a lifetime.
- This winter trek will take you through a journey of some of the unknown places with the best views of the mountains.
- During your trek you will trek across some of the most beautiful sights with snow-capped mountains, verdant valleys and frozen ponds.
- Get a chance to witness the vivid flora and fauna of the region as you continue your trek.
- Each of the campsites is known for its amazing surroundings with the beauty of pine trees.
- Soak in the amazing beauty of the region while you continue trekking through the lush meadows, dense pine forests, cascading beautiful streams, and gorgeous maple trees.
For those of you who are looking for some thrilling adventure then Kedarkantha trek is perfectly made for you. Decorated with a beguiling magnificence of falling snow and bordered with pine trees, The Kedarkantha Peak is a standout amongst the most looked for after snow trekking destinations in India. You will start this trek from Dehradun which is another beautiful destination. The drive to Kedarkantha takes you through Mussoorie, and some of the scenic beauty of the region till you reaches Sankri.During your trek, you will come across some of the majestic sights of the snow-capped Himalayas, the verdant greenery, lush landscapes, a myriad collection of flora and frozen ponds. As you continue your trek you will also see remote towns where ladies and children are busy taking, bundles of wooden logs, wooden sticks and dry leaves to use them for cooking and set up bonfires at night. Kedarkantha trekking package gives you that perfect trekking experience that you have been long waiting for.Best time to visit Kedarkantha Trek:
The best time to visit the Kedarkantha trek is in the months of December to April. The entire region is covered with sparkling white snow and the base of alpine trees is half-submerged with it. If the snowy mountains attract you then this the best time for you to witness the true beauty of nature. The months of June to September are the monsoon months and one must avoid trekking at this time. The trekking route remains open in the summertime but the beauty in the winter months is truly paradisiacal that makes it the best time to visit Kedarkantha.
Quick Facts About Kedarkantha Trek:
- Temperature: Day: 8°C to 15°C and Night: -5°C to 3°C
- Kedarkantha Trek Distance: 20 km
- Maximum Altitude: 12,500 ft
- Kedarkantha Trek Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
- ATM: Purola has the last ATM point before your trek begins.
- High-quality camps and tents
- All Meals Included
- Pick up from the airport/railway station
- All meals
- Group medical kit
- Good quality accommodation
- Trek pack including sleeping bag, down or fibre filled jacket, and insulated mat
- Private transportation
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
Things To Carry
- Valid ID proof for each member
- Personal toiletries and medication (if any)
- Warm shirt/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T-shirt, water-resistant trekking pants, windproof/water-resistant jacket, thick fleece/full-sleeve woollen sweater, thermal innerwear, woollen cap, inner fleece gloves, outer waterproof gloves, thick woollen socks and regular socks, scarf/muffler
- Comfortable waterproof trekking/hiking shoes with a thick sole, camp shoes
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Sturdy walking stick/trekking pole
- Water bottles, backpack, energy bars/snacks, etc.
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Sunscreen lotion
- Cap or hat
- Flashlight (with spare batteries)