About Namik Glacier Trek:
Namik Glacier Trek – Perched in the isolated region of Kumaon, Namik Glacier lies at an altitude of 3,600 in the lap of Himalayas.
It is surrounded by some major Himalayan peaks in the world that are Mt. Trishul, Nanda Kot and Nanda Devi.
Munsyari is the starting point of Namik Glacier trek. It is a hamlet with beautiful wide meadows and striking views of Panchachuli range which makes it the most beautiful spot of Kumaon.
Namik Glacier is very famous because of the sulphur springs and waterfalls which originate from this region. The surroundings are extremely attractive and great for nature lovers.
Explore the isolated regions of Kumaon and get into the wilderness of Himalayas. Go through quaint Himalayan villages and peek into the local culture and visit sacred temples.
Namik village on the way was the center for Indian Tibetan trade. You can witness traditional structures and woodcarvings there.
On Namik Glacier trek pass through dense forests and beguiling meadows which follows the Rāmgangā River with exotic sight of the Himalayas.
Why Choose Namik Glacier Trek?
It is a perfect offbeat trek offering thrilling adventure and tranquil surroundings.
Get close views of major Himalayan peaks in the world that are Mt. Trishul, Nanda Kot and Nanda Devi.
The sulphur springs and waterfalls originate from here which is a great attraction of Namik glacier trek.
Namik on the way to Namik Glacier was the center for Indian Tibetan trade. You can witness traditional structures and woodcarvings there.
Go through picturesque quaint villages and explore local culture and their heritage.
Rāmgangā River originates from Namik Glacier so the trail follows the river through dense forests and beguiling meadows with exotic sight of Himalayas.
Things to Know about Namik Glacier Trek
The trek starts from Munsyari which is a beautiful hamlet and ahead is wide Senar Gad meadows and further the trail follows Dhal auk, Sudam Khan and Hirmani Glacier.
The hike to Hirmani glacier is adventurous and the camps are pitched on glacier’s margin. Finally, the trek ends at Namik Glacier.
Namik glacier is a 10 days challenging trek because of the long distance and uneven steep path. So, it is advised that only experienced trekkers and fit beginners go for it.
Best time to do Namik glacier trek is the months of May, June, September and October. Choose this trek and get a chance to experience the isolated beauty of Himalayas.
- High-quality camps and tents
- All Meals Included
- Pick up from the airport/railway station
- All meals
- Group medical kit
- Good quality accommodation
- Trek pack including sleeping bag, down or fibre filled jacket, and insulated mat
- Private transportation
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
Things To Carry
- Valid ID proof for each member
- Personal toiletries and medication (if any)
- Warm shirt/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T-shirt, water-resistant trekking pants, windproof/water-resistant jacket, thick fleece/full-sleeve woollen sweater, thermal innerwear, woollen cap, inner fleece gloves, outer waterproof gloves, thick woollen socks and regular socks, scarf/muffler
- Comfortable waterproof trekking/hiking shoes with a thick sole, camp shoes
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Sturdy walking stick/trekking pole
- Water bottles, backpack, energy bars/snacks, etc.
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Sunscreen lotion
- Cap or hat
- Flashlight (with spare batteries)