Nanda Devi East Base Camp Trek Overview
– The journey starts with your arrival in Kathgodam, from where you will drive towards Munsiyari. After a night in the guesthouse there, you will trek to Lilam the next day. Spend a day in the tents here.
– Feel the trans-Himalayan trekking experience as you trek through Bogudiar, Rilkot, and Ghanghar before trekking to the Pachu Glacier with overnight stays in tents every night.
– From Pachu Glacier, you will explore the base camp for a day, before starting the return trek the next day. You will trek to Martoli, Rargari, and Munsiyari, staying at every location for a night.
– On the last day, you will be transferred from Munsiyari to Kathgodam to bring the Nanda Devi East Base Camp trek to an end.
About the Nanda Devi:
Home to some of the most majestic peaks in the country, Uttarakhand is also the home to the second highest peak of the country, the Nanda Devi. One of the most beautiful peaks in the Himalayas, the mountain is of significant importance to the locals. This Nanda Devi East Base Camp trek leads you to the base camp on the eastern face of the peak, which is also the home to Pachu Glacier. Leading from an ancient trade route that was once home to a large civilization, the trek takes you to the base camp of Nanda Devi.
The Nanda Devi East Base Camp trek starts and ends at Kathgodam, passing through Munsiyari, Lilam, Bogudiar, Rilkot, Ghanghar, Martoli, and Rargari. The scenic beauty of the snow-clad peaks, the surreal nature that prevails around the peak, the exotic range of flora and fauna in the vicinity has earned it the fame of being one of the most magnificent peaks in the world. Originating from Munsyai, Uttarakhand, this high altitude trek takes you through some of the exhilarating passes, winding trails, lush forests and several pictorial meadows. Following the ancient trade routes between India and Tibet, this astounding trek also offers glimpses of life in the higher altitudes and several cultures that are indigenous only to the Trans Himalayan Range.
Quick Facts About Nanda Devi East Base Camp Trek:
Nanda Devi East Base Camp Trek Difficulty Level: Difficult
Altitude: 13,123 ft
Best Time: May to June & September To October.
- High-quality camps and tents
- All Meals Included
- Pick up from the airport/railway station
- All meals
- Group medical kit
- Good quality accommodation
- Trek pack including sleeping bag, down or fibre filled jacket, and insulated mat
- Private transportation
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
Things To Carry
- Valid ID proof for each member
- Personal toiletries and medication (if any)
- Warm shirt/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T-shirt, water-resistant trekking pants, windproof/water-resistant jacket, thick fleece/full-sleeve woollen sweater, thermal innerwear, woollen cap, inner fleece gloves, outer waterproof gloves, thick woollen socks and regular socks, scarf/muffler
- Comfortable waterproof trekking/hiking shoes with a thick sole, camp shoes
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Sturdy walking stick/trekking pole
- Water bottles, backpack, energy bars/snacks, etc.
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Sunscreen lotion
- Cap or hat
- Flashlight (with spare batteries)