Panchachuli Base Camp Trek Overview
Here is a 9-day Panchachuli Base Camp trekking package that begins after you reach Kathgodam and the first point of stay is Dharchula. The picturesque ways to Dharchula crossing the towns of Bhimtal, Almora and Dhaulchina will be amazing and you will come across the various little villages and gorges. From Dahrchula, the next destination of yours will be Urthing via Dar. The pathway takes you along small tribal settlements of Tawaghat and New Sobla. Upon arriving at Dar, take a 3-4 hour walk to reach the campsite of Urthing all the way through a narrow cliff edge with the Dhauli Ganga River gushing on your right. Then comes the easy route to Naagling going through the suspension bridge across the river.
Son will be the further destination on the tour after Naagling and on that day you will be passing through rocky, the high oak and birch forests and finally arriving the highland meadow of Naagling. Surrounded by the Himalayas, the sight of the distant glaciers from this viewpoint is spellbinding. As you continue walking through the dense thickets found at Dantu Bugyals and the Meola River gushing on the other side, you will reach Panchachuli Basecamp. This steep descend into the Panchachuli base camp also offers amazing views of wildflowers, strawberries, glaciers and sprawling meadows bordered by trees. The peak of Panchachuli stands tall at 6904m towering as the backdrop.
After exploring the mind-blowing beauty of Panchachuli, trek back to Naagling along the same picture-perfect landscapes and trails. Urthing, Dar, Darchula and Kathgodam will be coming your way once again before you wind up this exciting trekking trip.
About the Panchachuli Base Camp:
Snuggled in the lap of snow-peaked mountains, the Panchachuli Base Camp trek originates in the Darma valley of Pithoragarh district between the borders of Nepal and Tibet. Bestowed with nature’s splendour, the route to the Panchachuli glacier, lying in the lap of Kumaon Himalayas, is adorned with enchanting landscapes, snow-capped mountains, cascading waters, Alpine meadows and a rich variety of flora and fauna. Situated in Eastern Kumaon Himalaya, the trekking route forms the watershed between the Gori Ganga and Darma Valleys. The entire trek to the glacier is a walk along the river Dhauliganga.
The last road head Dar is 42km from Dharchula, and from Dar to Panchachuli Glacier will give us a pleasant walk. The trails unwinding through the tribal villages of Bongling, Sela, Nagling, Baaling and Duktu along the river Dhauliganga and thick forests of deodar and Bhojpatra and conifer are the best ones to enjoy the natural sights. The five peaks of Panchachuli form majestic visuals and enhance the Him Khand, Yuli River skirted by the forests of Devdaar, Bhoj Patra and conifer trees. This amazing Panchachuli Base Camp trek is truly a feast to the eyes and the scenery throughout the journey is one that can only be experienced, not explained.
If you are someone who would love to roam around the mountains then Panchachuli Base Camp trek is one of the best options and the journey would come up with a lot of astounding moments. The five different peaks of Panchachuli sector numbers 1 to 5 are located at an elevation of 6904 meters, 6437 meters, 6355 meters, 6334 meters and 6312 meters. And almost all of them were conquered by many trekkers in the 1970s itself.
Panchachuli Base Camp Trek Highlights:
– Get an amazing chance to climb up a height of about 13975 feet which could let you feel at the top of the world and view the entire region covered by thickets and glaciers.
– The blooming forest trails have a lot to share with you on the way to the summit and the gushing rivers play an important role in making the trails tricky as well as exciting.
– The famous wildlife of Uttarakhand may come your way if you are lucky and the rare birds found in the forests are the right companions for your trek.
– Different bugyals, landscapes, and bridges across the rivers together create an astonishing sightseeing option before you.
Quick Facts About Panchachuli Base Camp Trek:
Temperature: 1 to 8 degrees in nights, days are relatively warmer
Panchachuli Base Camp Trek Trekking Distance: 60km
Maximum Altitude: 13,975 Ft.
Panchachuli Base Camp Trek Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Railway Station: Kathgodam is the nearest railway station
Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
- High-quality camps and tents
- All Meals Included
- Pick up from the airport/railway station
- All meals
- Group medical kit
- Good quality accommodation
- Trek pack including sleeping bag, down or fibre filled jacket, and insulated mat
- Private transportation
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits
- Porters to carry all personal and group equipment
Things To Carry
- Valid ID proof for each member
- Personal toiletries and medication (if any)
- Warm shirt/light micro fleece pullover/full sleeve T-shirt, water-resistant trekking pants, windproof/water-resistant jacket, thick fleece/full-sleeve woollen sweater, thermal innerwear, woollen cap, inner fleece gloves, outer waterproof gloves, thick woollen socks and regular socks, scarf/muffler
- Comfortable waterproof trekking/hiking shoes with a thick sole, camp shoes
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Sturdy walking stick/trekking pole
- Water bottles, backpack, energy bars/snacks, etc.
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Sunscreen lotion
- Cap or hat
- Flashlight (with spare batteries)